WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN THE COURSES?
Welcome to the Transitional Kindergarten Professional Learning Series for teachers and administrators. In this series of four courses, you will learn about key resources to support the implementation of transitional kindergarten.
The courses highlight:
- Legislation and policy of transitional kindergarten
- Benefits of transitional kindergarten for students, which includes the gift of time for social-emotional development
- Key resources to support the implementation of transitional kindergarten
- Language and literacy, mathematics, English language development, and social-emotional development
- Research-based practices to promote learning in transitional kindergarten, grounded in the preschool learning foundations and kindergarten content standards
- The integrated nature of learning through environment, instruction, and assessment that supports success of all young learners
The following local educational agencies are recognized for their contributions, which included interviews of transitional kindergarten staff members and video illustrations of transitional kindergarten classrooms:
- Buckeye Union School District
- Glendale Unified School District
- Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
- Rescue Union School District
- Districts that contributed to the development of the Transitional Kindergarten Implementation Guide (CDE, 2013)